Please Register and complete your Profile. Age is mandatory. You will enjoy being on this Site.
Welcome to India's No 1 Sexual Health Forum. Ask Anjali and other experts & members questions on Sex, Masturbation, Relationships, Love, Affairs, Penis and much more.
Want to listen to the voice of your HOT Anjali Aunty? Click on the "Audio Answers" menu link and listen to her answer all your sexual questions.

14,632 questions

46,954 answers


64,195 users

The Ask Anjali Team


What is the Validity of live in relationship for a legally separated man?

asked Feb 23, 2017 in Questions by Rajan69 (120 points)
edited Feb 24, 2017 by longhands1


I am in my late thirties and legally separated by decree of court since 2013. My petition for divorce under HMP Act was based on mental cruelty filed in 2010. Since I had moved petition for divorce but instead got legal separation, an appeal was filed in the district court in 2013 asking for full remedy in form of divorce. However, progress in the district court has been very slow.

In the meantime, after completion of one year of legal separation in 2014, I filed petition in the sessions court for divorce under section 13.  The progress in sessions court is also very tardy. In the meantime, now a family court has recently been opened. So my case for divorce filed after completion of legal separation has been transferred there. Now I am told that we have to go through conciliatory process through court appointed counselors.

1.  If I decide to go ahead with life partner outside the structure of marriage, plan to have kids etc, can there be any legal action against me/ my family?I have grown up children who are self dependent and fully support me.

2. How do my kids born out of new relationship get covered? Can I give them my name legally as father?

3. How can I get the district court to expedite judgment or the Family court to expedite the case?

commented Feb 24, 2017 by longhands1 (80,460 points)

This is a Legal Issue and needs Legal Guidance. We do not provide such Council. Normally, a question of such nature would not be posted.

Any Answers will not reflect the views of this Forum but given in personal capacity of the User. 


Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike

As long as I know, I do not think you have any hurdle to start a relationship under the name of live in relationship as you are already legally separated so you would not face any trouble if you choose to start a live in relationship as that would be the best option in your case to explore. However, it would be advisable to consult a lawyer and get the full information on it since your case is subjudice so you should follow all the legal aspects to avoid any legal trouble. I would say lawyer would be the best person to guide you. 

answered Mar 1, 2017 by alpesh kapdi (23,885 points)

Related questions

5 answers 2.8K views
0 answers 1.1K views
1,148 views asked Sep 3, 2010 in Questions by lavanya_78 (120 points)
5 answers 24.7K views
0 answers 412 views